PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victoria Falls Crash - Desperately need info
Old 12th Sep 2004, 13:54
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I now know the full story (well as much as may be known at this time), what Stormy has posted, that article was written with the assistance of a family spokesperson. I attended church today where we were all told what would be happening in regards to them being brought home...

It is such a tragedy, also to find out the two British passengers were a couple I had met who had visited our church previously.

I understand from one news report that the pilot had attempted an emergency landing. I am sure s/he did the best they could. Condolances also to his/her family at this sad time, as I know the pain they must also be suffering.

Thank you everyone again for your words of sympathy, this will be a difficult time but made easier by the support of our friends and loved ones to remember Shirley, Matthew, and Justine.

Thank you from me to anyone here reading who had a part in helping their family & friends to deal with this tragedy, also to any staff at the airline who help to bring them home (I think it will be SAA) I am sure their families appreciate it very much.

Sincere thanks,

Sky