PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying to sit together
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2004, 13:40
WHBM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
I presume with this surcharge-to-sit-together approach there must be some form of advanced seat allocation to enable it to work, which may explain why seats together are then in short supply even at check in opening. And out of school holiday times most parties are couples.

Only yesterday Ms WHBM and myself were booking an IT trip for next week. It happens to be with Thomas Cook (agency and airline) but could have been anybody. Was surprised at the number of surcharges, as we don't do packages very often. £10 for inflight meals (wonder how that's going to be administered) and also £1 "charity donation" to a charity I've never heard of. Excuse me, but charity giving is something I decide, not other people. Sheraton hotels do the same thing, just sneaked in at the bottom of the room bill, which I have always had taken off ever since I saw Sheraton making an advertising splash only for themselves out of the money being handed over.

Tiger : Those people you refer to as getting "jack s**t" for booking me a scheduled flight, do they not get a salary for doing their job ? Just like I do ?