PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2004, 18:55
Arrowhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maxiumus

FYI I live in the real world where final salary pension schemes were buried with the dinosaurs, and anything less than a 60 hour week is better than my last job. Okay, the pay is less, but the views and stress are much much better...

Also, if 500 hours (or 100 sectors) makes you employable by BA standards, and most employment agencies contracts, then I am still happy to believe there are good prospects of employment for 500 hour A320-rated pilots. Does anyone know an A320 pilot with single 500-hours on type who does not have a job, but is still prepared to work in the Far East? I suspect not...

Isn't there fatigue in virtually every job (certainly in every 60 hour/week job, or every well paid job, anyway...)

Job/Income/Security - perhaps I already have enough assets and security and just want a job flying jets...? Ever considered that? That is not to say I dont treat flying 150+ passengers around (plus myself) with the utmost respect that this level of responsibility deserves. Just saying that I wake up in the morning wanting to be a jet pilot, and not too worried about the BS that every job has.

And lastly, I know several pilots who have made the jump from professional careers, and not one of them regrets it, and not one complains about the conditions. Perhaps the complaints about conditions come from people who have limited experience about conditions at most highly paid jobs.

STOP MOANING EVERYONE! Get used to fatigue. And get used to a defined contribution pension (which may actually beat final salary pensions anyway).