PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Core Category A?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2004, 15:50
Xnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JimL

Nick seems to be away, although, as of late hurricanes may be the priority right now. You seem well versed on this topic so to you I pose the same question.

A simple yes or no answer will suffice.

posted 30th August 2004 02:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The whole multi engine OEI situation is a very confusing subject. Just ask any keen young copilot who has recently been pouring thru the books. I thought I knew a few things about the issue but am continuing to learn , especially thru this medium. Not helping is changing and differing regulatory rules. Staggeringly ,within one regulatory group , there can be differing company rules..AND within a single company at different bases , there are different rules. Talk about the tower of Babel !!

I have struggled with this topic for well over a year now. Seeking the advice of those far more knowledgeable than I.

Under Canadian regs some helipads (80'x80') which are located within built up areas are "restricted to helicopters than can maintain 4.5 m (15ft.) above the highest obstacle within the approved approach and departure path when operated in accordance with the approved aircraft flight manual with one engine inoperative."

I fly an S76A model. Do you feel that I can legally land at or depart from this helipad?

Conversations with Transport Canada, Flight Safety and management have only yielded politcal bullsh*t.

In frustration I ask you. Please be as direct and to the point as you can as I consider your opinion invaluable.

Cheers