PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 11th Sep 2004, 09:16
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autorot8
I am sure you have achieved many things I could not have and no doubt your efforts have reached many more than I could have, I am also sure that you have put your life as well as your financial status at risk many times. I feel that where ever you may have gone on your brave journey you will have been an immpecable example of the true British gentleman.
Me well as TC said I sit in my armchair full of crumbs and moan....
I moan that my tea is cold that my vest has got holes in it, the dog is chasing next doors cat and the wife wants me to decorate again..I only did it 22 years ago
So what right have I as a mere mortal to heap my thoughts onto the wide world, what have I achieved in my dismal life?
Well I have not shouted from high as to what I intend doing, in fact I told the wife that due to Hurricane Ivan it would be best if we creosoted (cant spell either) the fence first..just in case...the decorating can wait for another 2 years, who knows the council will probably re house me in the meantime, at someone elses expense... I will fight off the ASBO order that the Police push my way for wearing union jack shorts and drinking cheap warm beer whilst shouting obscenties at Poor Paula, yeah those terrible words, like "come on lass keep going, just finish..no medals needed"
Yes terrible me telling others what to do when I couldnt do it.... Funny enough 10 football grounds in the premiership today will have nigh on 300,000 people shouting the same to their respective teams and 99% of them shouting wouldnt be able to run the length of the pitch without a resiprator waiting for them!
You seem to miss the point Automan....you see if those "stupid" 3000,000 stayed at home offering no support or dare I say it critical comment..then the fotty boys would soon be unemployed...Likewise we cant all do what your doing but we can live the dream...So we offer support..we question when its gone wrong....what is your problem??
Do not blame others for your failings, only you can correct what went wrong.