PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JIA to get high speed exit
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2004, 04:27
UnderRadarControl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi AfricanQueen,

I can tell you this, there is a big revamp coming wrt procedures soon (within the next year - is that still considered soon in Africa??). ATNS has recently bought the Eurocat X radar system, and is almost complete with it's installation. I think that JS App will be the last sector to change over to the new system, and once that is done there will be a change in the operating procs. Along with this new fancy radar system is a sequencing tool called Maestro. This will see the introduction of what we call 'Feeder Fixes' into the TMA at Joeys, instead of everything at HGV. Hopefully this, and arrival slots, will see a great reduction in holds wrt arriving acft. That is the idea, anyway. Along with the new STARS, I imagine there will be new SIDS too. But I honestly do not know what the outcome of the early turnout trials over Kempton park was... But I agree, there should be prop sids, or then a restriction on types of aircraft operating out of JIA at certain times. It isn't easy for the ATC either, when you have a prop spanner in the jet works. hehe.