PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Questions - the Master Thread! (Merged)
Old 10th Sep 2004, 23:02
tired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD - it all depends on your attitude to flying. When I had 2 500 hours I was still very much in Biggles mode and would have hated long-haul. Now that I'm older, wiser and lazier it suits me just fine. Only you know how you'll react to 1 landing a month and plenty of relief sectors, no one else can tell you.

10 -12 days a month free of duty, with the new scheduling agreement it seems to be a bit more than that. On the 'Bus they tend to come in groups of 3 or 4 together, on the 400 I think the average is closer to 2. If you join soon you'll almost certainly be on the Bus.

Commuting depends on where you're coming from, how many fligths there are and what your check-in time is. The earliest checkin time is 0800, the latest 2100. The guys that commute don't seem to mind it, but I think you need to have a good reason for doing it to be able to justify it to yourself, because it can be a hassle. I would hate it, but then I have no reason to live anywhere else than where I do. If you're living on the area where you grew up, with family etc all around you then it'll probably be worth your while to stay there and put up with the commuting.