PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recurrent Training
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2004, 19:45
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recurrent Training

Here I go inserting Foot in Mouth again, but its a topic thats important . I read about folks balling things up daily and a lot of them are on the African Continent. My world is small Fixed Wing and mainly Helicopters so this is not for the Heavy drivers.
Anyway, I have seen a few folks in Africa putzing around the skies and doing a good job. However when it comes to the question when is the last time you have gone to recurrent training, most will say > NEVER.
As I dont spend a whole lot of time there, Im hoping some will fill me in as to "Are there packages " in place for folks to get a refresher course for a day or two. This really came about when I took the Air Law Exam last year. I asked some folks about some of the material and was jokingly told that its a once only exam, all info is promptly covered with Castles after passing the exam and no they were not going to be much help..
I know a lot of Helicopter types who are working for owners of one maybe two airframes. THEY seem to be doing well while the pilots are just "getting paid". I think someone should advise these owners to share a little bit by financing some training for their pilots. In the states this is passed back to the owners by reduced Insurance rates. Is that the case in Africa??
Fire Away...........