PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 10th Sep 2004, 17:50
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
IF SS hadn't harped on and on and on and on for weeks, even months, over this issue, perhaps the subject would have received the attention it deserved? Or haven't you thought about that one.
TC, if I may put this thread into context as to whether or not attention has been brought to the Global Eagle mission.

This is the rotorheads forum I believe and by virtue of this, any feats such as round the world trips by rotorcraft, will be followed avidly by this forum.

Lets take the example of 2 such trips, happening at the same time, both involving rotorcraft and world records, one for the fastest and one for the first.

If I may draw you attention to this thread about this record attempt
"On June 4th 2004 Simon Oliphant-Hope and the Eastern Atlantic Team commenced an attempt to smash the Around the World ‘World Speed Record’ in a helicopter routing eastbound."

And of course we all know about Global Eagle .

Just for your information the rotorheads thread about Simons record breaking feat amassed 2505 views and the last entry was 24 June.

This thread is just short of 16,500 views and is ongoing.

Now this tells me 2 things.

1. The Eastern Atlantic Team had a website people could visit for updates pictures etc etc
2. GE didn't and viewers to this thread realised they could get more info about GE here and a bit of humour/banter/argument to boot.

Regardless of how many different individuals have visited here, IMHO attention has, without doubt, been brought to the GE mission.

The fact that people here do not particularly like SS is of no consequence and in fact has allowed this thread to be as popular as it is. We all like to have a common enemy and I am happy on this thread to oblige.

Those of you who know me will understand where all this comes from, and I find it strange that because it is written down, you take it completely differently than if we were in a crewroom or in a tent on exercise saying the same things.

Anyway, it's not all over yet, 'we' are off to Syndey!! Any news of Oakey?

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 10th Sep 2004 at 18:00.