PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 10th Sep 2004, 12:12
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again I see the human trait of shooting the messenger come to the fore! Silky Sid has only put this forum thread on to promote Global Eagle and the crews attempt to go round the world, it was supported and a lot thought funny with SS giving better and more humourous updates than the GB website..
Sadly as things have gone wrong the British trait of finding someone else to blame has also come forward....Ummm Sid
its your fault the mission went t*ts up, you didnt plan it...you bought a duff aircraft to start with... you didnt get the best support from the best ...errr I am sure Mr Branson would have been glad to put his name to this...or maybe you asked.....Sid you should tie yourself to a knobbly tree stump and beat yourself for 37 minutes
I am really stupid as I thought this whole project was about a True Brit fighting with elements etc like all good explorers in the past, to achieve something no one else thought about or was scared doing.... Wrong again! I like others feel that Sid has been a very bad boy in reporting this trip...
There, will that pacify the "Quitters" of our nation those that promise so much but upon reaching failure attack others for their own failings?
In true Global Beagle style Great men from our history...would have said this then....

Barnes Wallis " oh bugger I thought it go straight in..cant understand why it bounced so far"

Capt Cook upon sighting Australia " It dont look much like Brighton to me..are you sure we had to go left at that atoll"

Winston Churchill " we will fight them on the beaches..well untill the tide comes in"

Need I go on..or do you want some more lame duck excuses.....Face it you pulled the plug and thats that. I guess you would all like this to die down now and pretend it never happened.
Well put your flying cap on and when the wx is right and the other conditions prevail GO FOR IT....
Dont waste what you have already done, get a proper PA to sort decent sponsorship planning and back up.
As for SS you may mock but if it were not for him this would have died a death along time ago....funny you were happy for him to do this little lot when the sun was shinning