PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cooking an Engine - Whats The Punishment
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2004, 11:58
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
If the company has been looking for an excuse to bin the pilot then this particular grey cloud would have a silver lining for them, albeit an expensive one!

As an aside, do not always believe the TOT light!
I did some flying for a company that operated an aging 206L which was regulary having hot starts, despite numerous pilots swearing blind that they didn't exceed the limits. I asked the Chief Pilot time one of my starts, and sure enough, the light illuminated well within the prescribed limits for total time in the band (think it was 810-927, a while ago now)
Even with this as evidence, the engineering company still tried to place the blame onto the company pilots...........
Suffice to say, when the ac was bought by it's current owner, the pre-purchase inspection revealed hairline cracks in the turbine and faulty TOT detection.

Then again, I've been at pilot briefs where pilots have not known the starting/take off limits!!!!!!!

Sacking a genuine guy as a result of a genuine mistake would speak volumes for the type of company his colleagues would still be working for.