PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So I just took my flying aptitude...
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2004, 08:52
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

eagerbeaver

My AIB was taken at about the sge of 25 and 3 months, being 25 years 11 months and 2 weeks on joining. A close call.

I don't think there was any discrimination at all. I was treated like anyone else. I remember being in awe of two supremely confident younger men, who I thought would breeze it. Never saw them again, so guess they didn't make it.

The AIB probably found an older person easier to identify with. In fact I remember one question well. The headmaster feller asked what I thought of the 'generation gap'. My reply was that I thought we older men should be given a chance. He nearly choked on his rich tea biscuit in a fit of giggles.

Sorry to hijack your thread, diamondgeezer, for an old fart's remeniscing. And thanks airborne artist for blowing my cover My Obs score probably suffered, because my only mental figure crunching at the time worked around subtracting one fare stage from another, and working out the fare Are you suggesting, btw, that my Sea King driving was less than professional?