PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas: Invitiation: Long Haul Fixed Term Flight Attendants Opportunities
Old 9th Sep 2004, 08:33
jetlag17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Chinup

I find it odd that EK is calling at 0100 to inform you of being accepted into their training course. As per the internal EK website which I have access to as my flatmate works for EK, it states that "Hiring and training of Cabin Crew are on hold between AUG04 and MAR05 due to severe overstaffing and current Cabin Crew flying low time." NO and I repeat NO new recruits are being hired at this time.

Open interview schedules previously announced will procceed as planned to keep a roster of acceptable candidates once hiring recommences but no second interviews or offers of employment will be made until after MAR05.

Based on the above, I find it questionable that EK is doing any actual hiring or notificatioin at this time. According to my flatmate who is ground staff with EK but works directly with the layover Cabin Crew, nothing to date has changed. I wouldn't hold my breath for the e-mail mentioned to be arriving anytime soon.

I would have also assumed that the "e-mail" being sent would have already arrived to you before you posting your last message as they would be standard e-mails containing information and with attached forms that should have been sent with a touch of a button upon completion of the telephone conversation with the applicant.

I would hate to make a judgement on anybody that I don't know, so all I will say is that if you did receive a phone call at 0100 in the morning advising you of being accepted to EK, I would check with some of my close friends to make sure a joke isn't being played on you.