PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 'Crash Landing' at Entebbe
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2004, 07:51
dynamite dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I was on board "that crash!"

Okay folks I was on that Aeroplane in fact in seat 38B right at the back here is my account - I am a turbine pilot myself it is a little credible I hope!

Took off without any problems then somewhere around Lake Kyoga 80dme (ish) thirty minutes into the flight the fuel dumping began, passengers in cattle class didn't seem to notice I did however eventually after around five minutes I called to the Cabin attendant are we going back to Entebbe -Yes was the answer. If there was a a complaint about the whole exercise is that I wish the pax were told much sooner- I guess in cattle class we are just that!

The bird was heavy, not suprising, nice assymetric landing a positive one but none that I am sure a training captain wouldn't have passed a student on. A sort of flare maybe one or two feet above your ideal roundout height. Off course as a result for me it was nearly predictable that two of the outer right tyres should burts as a result of that brake energy. BA was the first time in twenty two years since I have flown on them a bit annoying obvoiusly.

I am trying to get to the UK for a family reunion Africa strikes again! The replcement flight departing HUEN at 2100Z tonight bummer for me as my wife takes the "crashed" aeroplane the following mornig as BA won't let us travel toghter flight is full for friday so I have to make 4 flippin trips to London Sutton In Ashfield ****!