PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who can we blame when Avgas runs out?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2004, 07:49
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
G'DayUltralight Mate, my point exactly. The Jab as a 100% home grown product is an excellent example. Nearly all the yank tank designs as Gaunty put it on a post ages ago, are safe and easy enough that even your ailing grandmother could fly them without many hiccups. Not to say that most all the current designs and the Jab is included here are VERY safe.

As my economist-in-training brother used to put it. "If the average fuel consumption of the nations fleet is improved, it will increase the expected life of any oil reserve proportionatly"

With regard to the Jabs engine, when you look at the capacity of the engine at 2.2Litres I fear that the designers are trying to get too much torque at lower revs. I would be interested to see what the outcome would be if the revs were increased to 3 to 3500 rpm and gear the prop back to 2000rpm. I wonder if this would improve reliability. It would certainly help the power output

With regard to the arrow- I do not wish to advertise, I am no way involved with this mob , but I do wish to own one ,one day

www.tomair.com.au

PS creamy have I upset you in some way, I have already broached some of these subjects that you credit other posters with...If I have, I am sorry mate

Regards

Mark