PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QF Dixon File
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2004, 07:48
ginjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I have seen of him and read about him I tend to agree that he comes across as a cold blooded snake who depises his employees. He sneers and is smug and arrogant on union issues. The problem that I have with qantas is that they have the words " Spirit of Australia" written down the side of their birds yet the attitude and general manner in which their business is being conducted is anything resembling the fair go and the easy going Australian way. They are just another big company who use the veil of "shareholders first" as an excuse for ruthless behaviour.
I also agree that they have been bloody lucky to have ansett collapse, escaped Sept 11 effects relatively lightly and to have had several other lucky breaks sent their way. Now they want to send jobs to India and Europe to fill the cash tim even more. Branson has had it a lot tougher and at least appears to try and get to know his staff, is informal and on the outside a likeable guy. That's what an aussie CEO should look like. Not a bloodless vampire sneering at the repoters when the FA's want a better deal. He can go and root his boot I reckon.

They ought to replace their airborne slogan with "just another greedy corporation"

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Gin.