PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QF Dixon File
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2004, 07:34
captainrats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metaphorically

Wonderland
I am sure JJ7 means no disrespect to any victims of the holocaust.
My Great Aunt was a holocaust survivor and I take no umbrige on her behalf.Believe me i am very sensitive to such comparisons.
I do agree however that Dixon is just dumb lucky.Where was he before he joined Qantas?A moderately successful middle manager in the twilight of his career.All of a sudden Strong departs and they need someone quickly,hey presto he is CEO.He has now been innoculated with the power needle and become a lucky mediocre manager surrounded by other mediocrity who happen to be in the rigth place at the right time.
Have a look at the Boeing Website and you will find research indicates that Asia and Oceania will be the fastest growing part of aviation travel over the over next decade.Right place right time. Just luck,not clever, not innovative.Any idiot can cut costs to the point of abstraction,but you need to be very bright to derive profit from a clever use of your revenue base....Richard Branson take a bow.Now there is a true astute businessman.Dixon is just an employee playing with someone else`s money.