PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 8th Sep 2004, 18:58
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
I think...perhaps Whirlybird has explains why society is the way it is, For Whirlybird should we be reading GWB or AB ?

"It's a planet where people care about others, about their jobs, about the fact that their are other things to be done with one's life apart from breaking records. "

"And above all, those of us on this planet don't give a b****r what anyone else thinks."

How does that work on your planet reality then?

"Those of us who reside there aren't afraid to change our minds, or move the goal posts, or do something different, if there seems to be a good reason for doing so...or even if we just want to. "

Does that include taking your country to war and the costs involved.

"And let's leave Paula Radcliffe out of this, shall we? What does she have to do with anything, except putting one foot in front of the other for longer and faster than anyone else? "

We cannot leave Paula out of this.
Her example is a lot to do with this, and, incase you didn't notice, she cannot "put one foot in front of the other for longer and faster than anyone else", otherwise she would have come home with 2 Olympic Gold medals and be celebrated alongside Kelly Holmes.

But she's not, is she.!!!!

Again, no fridge magnets on Whirlybirds planet !

Unless of course I've totally misread Whirlybirds post.

Even Blue Peter made it to India this year, But then they have Michael Fish to ask about these things. I suppose it would have taken John Noakes to have ventured further East .