PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2004, 15:11
chikenscanfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
back on track

Well I guess banning an individual is getting a bit dire again, but I take it you guys are sitll not arou that legal stitch with the original thread.

In reply to your questions Runway 31, Ryanair is staffed with experienced and professional individuals. As it stands you have nothing to worry about.

As the moderators rightfully said the only point behind this discussion is to validate our moves towards voting for union recognition, and take on and share new information with regards to this issue ONLY as it comes...

the recent issue raised was that of our CEO's comparing our salaries against those of another airline. Whilst salary differences aren't our prime reason for taking up this kind of action, it does give an example to us of a scenario where management is bending the figures, or hiding other facts, to make it appear as if we still have a better deal than others. The startling there here is that until now we did think we brought home slightly more than other airlines, but realised that this amount is then dwindled off by the offset of items the company requires us to fund for ourselves, such as uniforms and food onboard, and now also recently taking our own water onboard, paying for our own medical certificates, loss of license insurance, and so forth.

Hearing about an example where we see the total we take home is only marginally higher than a competitor airline in Sweden, whilst those individuals don't have large portions of their pay then being offset once they receive to perform tasks required to function in their job for their employer, is an eye opener for most of us.

In retrospect with this example so far, it would be foolhearty for anyone to believe that although he put up with more bullying from management, we still get paid more than the others. This recent example is a stark reminder of this.

I Hope I haven't gone too far out of bounds with this post, and trust the moderators would have carefully read it and considered their legal standing before posting it through.