PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oct 9 - The real vote on the Aviation Reform Group
Old 8th Sep 2004, 12:15
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****su,

Well then . What do you think I should do. What I won't do is what you do. That is delete your posts when you come off looking like an idiot.

You arguments are not full of "fact" or anything close to it. It's full of political advertisements, book ads and nothing close to an informed opinion.

As I've said in the past , perhaps you should learn at least a little economics before trying to offer a view on it.

Yes, the Reserve Bank sets interest rates. However as you know monetary policy is directly linked to fiscal policy and usually is cause and effect. Get out your economics text book and read up on "crowding out" . When the government SPENDS a lot , they go into deficit. They have to get the money from somewhere, that money comes from people's savings and investments. When the goverment starts taking credit out of the market money becomes scarce the price of money goes up. That being Interest rates.

The Reserve bank sets the cash rate for overnight money market loans, however this is not the sole determining factor in mortgage rates.

This is why Latham will destroy the Australian economy and force hundreds of thousands to default on morgages. A $10 billion deficit will drive rates through the roof. You talk of lies and trust, lets have a look at Labour in government. Keating saying the books were looking fine and there would be a small surplus when the truth was a $10 billion hole in the books. They can't be TRUSTED with the purse strings.

On a positive note though , your vote for Latham will help my investment scheme though. I'll be able to afford a much nicer house when the prices crash after interest rates force everyone to sell up and head back to the cheap seats.

The most amusing part of your latest post is where you declare that Swingwing's post contains a sprinkling of propoganda... I think the term "Pot this is Kettle Over" comes to mind. You started this thread as one huge "sprinkling of propoganda". But it's better than free book advertising like your first post. Not sure how you get around the no advertising rule on that one.

As for posting histories, yours to is available, and everyone can see that you rarely actually talk about aviation anyway.

What I also find interesting is that you copy hundreds of words from a newspaper article under your name and post it (obviously to support your view) but don't wish to talk about the sustance of it because "it wasn't my work" .. If you post it, you can talk about the substance of it.

I'm looking forward to your next economic pearl of wisdom, or defence opinion.