PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 8th Sep 2004, 09:31
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J.A.F.O
What planet do you reside on?? you seem to think that SS and anyone else who makes a negative comment are not allowed to do so...its Global Eagle that started this thread with their excellent round the world trip.... So they are happy to have backers and supporters which I am more than happy to "cheer them on" but as soon as they "move the goalposts" we are supposed to put up and shut up? It seems that we as a nation like the person that fails to win or snatches defeat from the jaws of victory... I understand why Global Eagle has withdrawn I do feel the planning was p*ss poor in the first place re wx etc... I also think that the renaming the web site ...Expedition Global Eagle UK to Australia is a farce... I guess the writing was on the wall with the intitial use of the word "Attempt" were we planning the retreat back then...possibly this was better planned than the trip!!
I found Paula "the quitter" Radcliffe and her attempt to explain herself tedious and only bettered by the bottom licking comments of the superb BBC sports presenters. The public sees through this we are no longer a nation who will accept 2nd best... I agree with SS that Barry should push on and complete this superb challenge, but only when he gets someone behind him to plan and prepare the journey... He deserves better than this its not about doing it in record time but completing what he started out to do. Go for Gold not bronze!! aim high never aim low...
Lets not have this as the Half Global Challenge........
As for poor Paula think this is appropriate

Try and stick with it