PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QF Dixon File
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2004, 08:24
jetjockey7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The QF Dixon File

Let me preface this thread by saying that what is contained here are my observations.They are open to interpretation and are meant to initiate discussion.
What makes an airline CEO?What qualities must they have ?What qualities must they lack?
From my perspective CEOs like Dixon are largely dysfunctional individuals.They lack remorse,have no compassion and are largely indifferent and insensitive to the wants and needs of their employees.Indeed Dixon could be characterized as being a sociopath particularly when compared to Rod Eddington or Richard Branson.
Dixon likes to portray himself as good guy...a man of the people who knows whats best for them...a card carrying ALP member.This smacks of self delusion and dishonesty.From an employee perspective Dixon has done nothing but lie for the last three years...promising open communication to all QF employees and delivering nothing but deceipt.He is totally disinterested in morale and indeed he consistently threatens the resilience of his employees .Disagree or offer an alternative view to the World according to Dixon and you will be taken aside and given attitudinal and behavioural correction training.In short you are threatened and intimidated.Try voicing an alternative opinion in any company forum and see what happens.
Qantas has become more like a stalag than an airline and Dixon a commandant.
He has surrounded himself with like minded people...Peter Gregg..John Borghetti...Kevin Brown.Spend a few minutes in the company of these people and you will find that they were not employed for their charm,interpersonal skills or personality.They are essentially overpaid super clerks more at home in a government bureaucracy than an airline.
All ambitious individuals who see ruthlessness and indifference as desirable qualities.
Dixon and his crew are never alluded to as good corporate role models or leaders.Qantas is never seen as a happy or good place to work.Most employees stay because of the comraderie and the family atmosphere at the shop floor level.We are more like the children of abusive parents.
It is Dixon`s intention to smash all 14 of QF unions not thru`negotiation but rather through intimidation,deceipt and corporate thuggery.
So far he has gotten away with it.Shorthaul against longhaul, pilot against pilot,state against state.We are complicit by our indifference and lack of action.
But there is rumbling amongst employees who have had enough.The beginning of 2005 is crunch time...we either fight or accept subtugation and watch our wages and conditions evaporate.
This is my view of Stalag Qantas and Commandant Dixon and his coterie of SS thugs.If a police profiler met Dixon he would find that Dixon has more in common with a serial killer than an Airline CEO...he carelessly cuts you and laughs while you are bleeding

Last edited by jetjockey7; 8th Sep 2004 at 08:34.