PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Security Flaws Exposed on TV
Old 7th Sep 2004, 23:53
plantzzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well myself I found it an interesting program or as interesting as an undercover investagative program is likely to be.
I fall on the side of shock and concern like many do and not the side of Bah humbug like some who post-those presumebly who work in those areas of the industry. If we think about it clearly it isnt acceptable to cut corners with security but like all businesses corners are cut. In many industries this may not have a big affect on the world at large-sadly this isnt the case in aviation as we know from past events over the last few years.
The program did it's job in that it raised security issues which should concern us-very much like watching undercover footage shown in the UK after a massive bad meat processing chicken plant was highlighted. It puts things into the public domain which people need to know about. None of us want to be on that plane when the terrorist pulls out his knife and goes crazy so we shouldnt attack the BBC for the program it produced-ok maybe it would be better if the reporter was Roger Cook from the Cook report (UK bods will know who I mean) but there you go.
One thing I ponder is are these issues also to be found at Manchester airports other airports around the UK?