PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Security Flaws Exposed on TV
Old 7th Sep 2004, 21:40
CiPher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly any spelling mistakes are beer induced!.

I found the program to be worrying in many aspects. I think it’s easy to hammer the "beeb" for a poor program, but looking at the whole picture and how the information had to be obtained I would go as so far as to say they did a fair job.

I found the “figure massaging” a most worrying trend, and the footage of the guy pretending to X-Ray bags when the machine was clearly not operational was just downright madness.

I've worked in environments in the past where "targets must be met at all costs" and I must admit that EGCC is very reminiscent of that, unfortunately the big difference is that if I massaged the figures th MD was happy and I had a few P**s*d off customers, but at EGCC you could end up with something far far worse.

One thing that did strike me was when the journo was in the plane that was “left open” why were all of the interior lights on? I don’t know much about large birds but it did seem strange that she could get on a fully illuminated plane at somewhere near 2am?

Anyhow that’s my beer induced two-cents/Penneth!

Cipher