PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Airport Security Flaws Exposed on TV
Old 7th Sep 2004, 21:26
Spike001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just seen this program on BBC 1, and it's EXTREMLY worrying to say the least.

How can an airport employ individuals who fake data, don’t take ANY sort of steps to find the flaws in security checks, that “supposedly” will ensure passenger safety.

Passenger/PILOT! safety basically is NON EXISTANT, and I’m about to go into this industry, and about to start ATPL ground school, and this is just a bit of a concern.

You would have thought that September 11th would have woken the world up to the risks, but seeing this program makes me feel even more vulnerable than ever before, and we’re just asking for trouble!

People say Aviation is the safest type of transportation, try and prove this then! It would be much safer flying for the RAF at this rate!

The desire to become a pilot is too great, from a young age, while in the long run; it could be the most expensive way to an early grave - literally!

Many of the pilots on this forum properly are aware of lapse in security at UK airports, and didn't need to watch the program.

Personally, I'd like to send all these personnel onto an a/c with a "fake" terrorist, and give them a taste of what they deserve, or maybe just sack the whole lot.

The other worry (which wasn’t covered in the program), GA a/c tend to be unlocked as well!

WHY do we have to wait until something bad happens to see RESULTS?

…………This is what you get when company profitability comes first and passenger/pilot safety being the last thing on the lists.