PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2004, 08:00
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange feeling........

On Sunday morning I arrived at the airfield, only to see that it was quite misty. I came from north of the airfield, where it was clear as I set off, so I was hoping the mist would dissipate soon, however, there was no wind and it was very calm. I was due to sit my human performance exam after the flight, which was booked for 1030, so instead I sat it first, in the hope that in the given time the mist would clear. I have to say that the exam was very easy indeed, by far easier than any of the others - but this is only because I studied well for it, like any of the exams - anyone can pass them with a good deal of study beforehand.

Anyway, the exam took 10 mins, so that wasnt really a lot of time to allow the weather to clear, and as it turns out I didnt end up flying. The thing is though, we would normally sit down with a cup of tea for a while and just wait, but there was another student after me so we couldnt delay things. Whilst driving home, the weather was perfect (driving back north) and I was soooo gutted not to be flying, only thinking that if I had booked the lesson for maybe 1130 instead, I would have been up there. I am not complaining of course, these things are done for a reason, but the worst feeling of dissapointment doesnt half set you up for a bad day! Sorry, I am just whinginmg now, I will get back to my pram