PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Reform – Quiet Reflection
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2004, 05:16
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sunfish

I hope you have already had your aviation medical as there is a section in there somewhere that checks for sanity except it works a bit like Yossarians medico in Catch 22, if you want a medical discharge on the grounds of insanity "he was going crazy because the Germans were trying to kill him" he was, ergo, sane.

Your;
In other words, and with the greatest of respect to all concerned, this debate seems to be about giving priviledges to VFR aircraft that they don't really need.
, is the MOST sane observation I have seen on this topic, including any of mine.

flichik

You may be surprised to learn that I actually agree with;

What if airspace was seen as a national asset and safety and security as a Government responsibility. I think it is!!!

So, exempt anything below 2000 kg from any Airservices fees!!!
Put towers wherever they are deemed to be needed.
Build the ADSB network.
Do away with RPT priority at all but Syd and Melb (US Class B).

That will give us the safety of radar separation and keep GA happy.
and that is where we were actually headed.

But your logic falls short on the union greed amongst other things.

In so far as what you imagine my qualifications may or may not be, you are showing your AOPA nickers there, as that is the only place that imagines that the contents of your logbook define your worth and the validity of your argument and they fondly hold that view . Were that so, there is not one of them on the board entitled to make that judgement without revealing theirs for scrutiny.

FYI but I'm sure you already know, they were toying with the idea of denying anybody who didn't hold a valid BFR from holding office and that's from the mob that changed the rules (now repealed but too late to stop the irreparable damage) to allow a single specifically named individual to hold an office denied to ordinary members.

And I say it with the greatest respect to Sunfish but he makes more sense
I am trying to become a VFR pilot for the fun of it.
than the whole lot of them put together.

You would think they would be spending their efforts and resources rebuilding GA in a productive manner than the serial puffery and grandstanding seen hitherto, unless you can explain to me what benefit suing AOPA US at a cost of around $250,000 and pulping $30,000 worth of an aviation expo brochures that never got distributed because the director responsible for the expenditure never got around to organising anyone to be there at the stand provided.

You see its more important for them to chase idiots like me who dare to ask embarassing question around, than actually do anything. And they are still there "understanding" like mad.

I have said it before and I will say it again in caser you missed the last time, you stand and fall here on the merit of your argument and conduct and as Sunfish has just ably demonstrated to you, common sense has, and in some cases it is well fortunate, nothing whatsoever to do with whether you are a QF Capt or a student pilot.

So, your point is?