PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Reform – Quiet Reflection
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2004, 04:25
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Thank you all for the explanations. I got the airservices brochure today and the manual stuff that I have yet to even understand.

However, from what I think I can understand, I cannot see the problems with either what was there before or what is now proposed. I am trying to become a VFR pilot for the fun of it. I am not going for an IFR or twin rating ever, as far as I am concerned, so flying in anything but class G airspace is not an issue.

As far as my limited understanding is concerned, I cannot imagine why I would NOT want to talk to ATC or obtain a clearance if there was even the remotest probability of encountering an RTP flight. Same goes with filing flight plans, SARtimes and so on.

Even though I cannot imagine why I would want to or need to fly in controlled airspace anyway. In the few times I've heard people asking for clearances, they have always been given, even if there is a few minutes delay.

In other words, and with the greatest of respect to all concerned, this debate seems to be about giving priviledges to VFR aircraft that they don't really need. I guess if I was planning to drive a pressurised aircraft VFR around Sydney these priviledges might matter, but Sydney is not Australia.