View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2004, 03:40
Uncommon Sense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flichik

You are just another agent provocateur.

If not answer or consider the following:

You say -

The Airspace needs fixing - the airpspace was just fine until someone insisted on meddling with it. The charging system was what needed fixing.

You say -

ATC services exst where they aren't needed - Where? Why is Dick and his Pocket Minister insisting on more?

You say -

GA is pissed off at paying for these - And so they should be, including the $120M spent and $150M proposed due to the misadventures of a grand misadventurer.

You say -

The debate is fired by union greed - Either qualify or prove what you mean. I can tell you there is nothing in this for the ATC's. They are already understaffed, have no ability to train a whole new wave of people and get nothing out of this exercise except the same frustrations as the pilots with all the changes, and a whole lot if unwanted overtime that everyone is too bloody tired to do. It is a well worn out furphy. So on that one put up of shut up. (or are you one of the faithful mignons tagging along with AOPA and Dick?)

You say - exempt everything below 2000kg and get rid of Capital City priorities - two points. You NEVER paid for Air Traffic services BEFORE this debacle and you sill don't (not directly at least - you can blame Dick for all the costs onflow). Or don't you even realise?!
And the airports are all privately owned - if you are paying them nothing why would they as a business want to give you equal priority? Tell me - I am dying to know. And lets be honest about this - how often do you really get delayed anyway? Despite all the blustering about it daily on PPrune, nobody has provided any conclusive evidence it happens that much! Even if they werent privately owned, why do you deserve to delay 300+ people? That is a significant economic penalty.

You say - put the towers where they are needed. - They are already there.