PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airspace Reform – Quiet Reflection
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2004, 01:08
flichik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what a pity

It is a great pity the owners of this website have allowed an important issue to be swamped by the out of control egos of a few OLD boys.

On the right (against NAS) we have the worst offender, Mr Gary Gaunt. From my time flying clapped out Cessnas around Kalbari I know Gary hasn't flown in this decade or the last. So I ask what does he know.

On the left, pro-NAS we have the other offender Dick Smith. Seems a nice guy but fond of his own opinion.

Each side has their faithful mignions tagging along like little running dogs.

The debate is fired up by union greed and the GA demand for simplicity and no fees.

But, these ###### aside. There IS a problem. Even the somewhat biased BSB poll shows there are some sane people reading these posts.

It seems obvious that:

1. Airspace needs fixing.
2. ATC services exist where they aren't needed.
3. GA is pi$$ed at paying for these.
4. Regionals still want it (and I do believe their safety arguments).

So, to start with lest forget the Liberals and their economic rationalism. We can do that on 9 October.

What if airspace was seen as a national asset and safety and security as a Government responsibility. I think it is!!!

So, exempt anything below 2000 kg from any Airservices fees!!!
Put towers wherever they are deemed to be needed.
Build the ADSB network.
Do away with RPT priority at all but Syd and Melb (US Class B).

That will give us the safety of radar separation and keep GA happy. We can all be freinds again and Gaunt and Smith can fight greenies instead.

How to fund it??? I don't care, the b@stards already get .48c of my every dollar, but if they have to, put up a NETWORK ticket tax.

Oh, and sack 50% of CASA!!!!

FC