PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 6th Sep 2004, 23:28
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
New GE website.

Just to let you know that the GE website has been changed, "In keeping with the new challenge the site has taken on a new look".
Expedition Global Eagle UK to Australia

What part of 'Global' don't I understand?

Apparently, the monsoon season in India is the worst seen in over 40 years, according to the site, but........

According to Indian Met spokespersons, the monsoon season this year is the worst for 15 years.

And another thing.......
A question remains unanswered on the website, in Barrys profile;

Q.How did you first get introduced to gyroplanes?
A.The most famous Autogyro is the one on a James Bond film called Little Nelly and in fact, the aircraft shown on the BBC 360 Site Logo is my Autogyro.

Next stop politics!!!

The Yorkshire post had a good article on the change of route. I particularly liked the sentence;
Mission project manager WO Pete Taylor said completing a flight to Australia would still be an achievement, albeit only a "bronze medal" compared with the intended flight.
I'm sorry, but when Paula stopped in the Olympic marathon, nobody came up to her and said, "here you go paula, here's a bronze for the 10,000metres for your troubles."

Just my disappointed thoughts.
Still, the money went to a good cause.

Oh, I take it Barry will be going to Oakey?

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 7th Sep 2004 at 00:27.