PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report on 1999 B757 crash at Girona finally published
Old 6th Sep 2004, 09:49
phoenix son

With MY reputation?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toon,

10200KG was presumably the Block Fuel, minus the standard taxi figure for BAL B757's which is 200KG, obviously leaving 10T once off the runway. I agree, even as a non-flyer, that given the projected weather upon arrival that more fuel may have been prudent...20/20 hindsight is a great thing though isn't it?

M.Mouse,

Para 2.3.2.3 seems to contradict itself? It starts off apparently suggesting CRM may have been lacking at the time of the accident, but then states that even if the "monitored approach" working practice had been used, it may not have made any difference anyway?

I agree that a higher-houred pilot should have better experience of every situation, but it is a sweeping generalisation. I flew jumpseat (on a B757, coincidentally) with an FO on his third "live" sector recently, and I honestly cannot remember flying with a more "focussed" and proficient pilot (Particularly flying a last-minute change to a procedural approach at MAH! Certainly made me sit up and pay attention!)

PHX