PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be1900 commands
Thread: Be1900 commands
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2004, 09:33
planecrazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My two cents worth...

Having been an examiner (Form 64 designator) for type ratings on the B1900 in an East African state 7 years ago and having flown 6000 hours on the KingAir, a commercial pilot licence holder was still limited to 12 500lbs. Although the B1900 was certified as a single crew aircraft, this was not allowed on commercial operations, but rather in private category. Aid is not private and falls under a commercial operation which required two crew and the Captain had to hold an ALTP.

There are always limitations in aviation and always the first lmitation applied. In this case it was the weight for commercial operation which required an ALTP to be in Command.

Take for example the B300LW was restricted to 12500 for single pilot operation and PLACARDED at the entrance with this maximum weight Not allowed to be flown with higher weight. PERIOD. Therefore a commercial pilot could command it single crew.

The normal Be300 could take-off at over 14000 lbs and required two crew for this. (certified and PLACARDED) The Captain had to have an ALTP. (An extra emergency exit was added to the Be300LW/Be300)

I cannot see how any loophole exists if a commercial pilot is still limited to 12500lbs is now flying a 16600 lb aeroplane.

I am still open to learning on this one, but so far nothing has made sense and I am surprised that no-one has contributed from Pretoria.