PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - the right size for a small airport
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2004, 19:20
alby2000

the right size for a small airport

Ciao to everyone!

I’m presently working as the sales manager of an air charter broker company with a consulting branch based in Italy. We have been asked by the president of an Italian airport to be their preferred partner to increase the number of flights laving from this specific airfield. They forwarded to our attention several requests over this summer for charter flights and executive ones. Unfortunately, the operators we contacted to operate the flights with their Citation Jet I, II, III, V, V Ultra, Hawker 700, Beechjet 400, Piaggio P180, ATR 42 and Do328 replied to our requests of quotation and availability stating that they were not able to operate due to the fact the runway was too short both for take off and for landing so they would always suggest an alternate departure.
These are the quick facts of this airport:

Rwy 04/22
TORA 1250 m
TODA 1290 m
ASDA 1250 m
LDA 1178 m (04) 923 m (22)

I just graduated from pilot school but i’m not familiar with other airplanes’ performance sheets but my Beechcraft 76’s so i would like to take this chance to ask you in your opinion what airplane would be good to fit in such an airport. Thanks in advance to everyone who’ll drop a line for me.
Brgds from Italy,

Alby