PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - expedite climb
Thread: expedite climb
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2004, 19:15
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferris, I have to say that I know we won't agree on this one, and thats fine. I would say that anyone can say whatever they like and whatever works for them, is also fine, except that I do worry that the day I use the term "expedite" I want the pilot to really pull his finger out and give me his best rate of climb, not just bump up his economical climb a little cos he has been told to expedite his climb/descent 3 times already that day.

How hard is it to look at the cross, in 1 second work out you have a comfortable 5 minutes till the cross and tell the pilot to maintain 1,500 ft or more on the climb, as you have worked out that is what you need. That takes no time to work out, and unlike "expedite" you have separation assurance, and while yes still monitoring it as you always must on radar, you can move on to other things a lot more comfortably.

As everyone has said, different techniques work for different people, but I do worry about the "boy crying wolf" a dozen times a shift with some people.

Oh and Spud and 433, I agree