PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marham Crash
Thread: Marham Crash
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2004, 16:25
CJS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Deeply saddened at the terrible news from Marham last Thursday. My sincere condolencies to the families of both of the guys who so tragically lost their lives.

Only met Flo once (at an airshow in '99) but instantly took a liking to him.

However, I knew Paul very well. Went through IOT and flying training with him and he is one of those guys who you don't see for a while but are then instantly Best Mates again when you do meet up. Saw him a bit in '99 when he was displaying the Venom, again a couple of years after that, and was then fortunate to spend 4 days with him in Marham in '02, just after he had arrived on 39 Sqn. The stories and memories came flooding back and I will rmember that week with much fondness. Last saw him about a year ago and his love and keenness for flying was still un-diminished.

My heart goes out to his family and closest friends, we have all lost a good pilot and a bloody good mate.

Thursday night was a sad night and there is little consolation in knowing that they were both doing what they loved and did best.

My unopened bottle of Glenmorangie is now less than half full. A big toast to a big mate.

RIP old friend.