PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2004, 15:37
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,
sorry for the short period of silence (although some may say it has been a blessing!). Took a few weeks out on a battery-charging deployment to a seaside resort of Mrs Dixon's choosing.

I took along the book mentioned by WOrkER - Chinook Crash by Steuart Campbell, as a little light reading (My wife doesn't think I have a life either! . The book can be reviewed in three words - Disappointing and misleading. There are speculations presented as fact (where have we heard that before?), inaccuracies and selective quotation to fit nothing more than an individual's theory.

The author claims to be "Well qualified to analyse the Chinook disaster" yet doesn't list his qualifications. If they are merely reading loads of documents on the subject, then I will, arrogantly, claim to match those qualifications, and stand by my review of his book. A thorough, and better evidenced review is currently being compiled and will be posted once it is ready, although I don't wish to turn this thread into a 'critique thread'. The book is a publication of a individual's opinion, presented with as much conviction as my own views. I have no problem with that. I just don't think it is the 'definitive answer' it claims to be.

Despite recent events with regard the meeting between Mr Arbuthnot MP and the Prime Minister, the campaign continues with as much determination as before.

PPRuNe Pop,
many thanks for merging the threads, but I have to agree with those that have posted their views already. Whilst it shows Hoon's true colours with regard this injustice, it may take the discussion off on a side track that is of little benefit. Please don't think I'm being rude, or ungrateful as I'm not. Those in the media may find his inappropriate humour worthy of comment though.

Updates, as and when.
My best to all.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook

Last edited by Brian Dixon; 5th Sep 2004 at 15:53.