PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Island Air Services
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2004, 07:00
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found it a hugely satisfying kick to fly member of the family - I almost managed the full set. Shortly after getting my PPL thru the ATC flg Schol scheme in the 60's, I flew my father in an Aircoupe (G-AROO) [he was an ex-wartime Whitley/Anson Observer]. Later I flew the wife in one af Aunt Betty's Chipmunks during an ATC summer AEF camp at my base [she was a MOD employee at the time]. Flew my eldest [RAF] in a Canberra T4, but never managed to 'do' the youngest [Army] - timings never right.

I don't know, maybe it went some way to having an understanding family around me who didn't give me vast amounts of grief when dragged away frequently from the bosom to swan around the world on Betty's business over the years. It also only lately occured that they might have had just a touch of envey that on return from various locations, they might like to have had chance to visit too!

Did manage, though, some hols with She Who Must Be Obeyed to the ever-loved Kokinnelli Isle a few times in our later years [she actually like the 'red infurater', too!]