PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be1900 commands
Thread: Be1900 commands
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2004, 12:46
contraxdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another tea cup storm

My golly gee, I just love these storms in a teacup where even I can see over the edge. Whats the issue.
The law did not allow for it, now it does. Some of us had to wait a long time to drive it from the left, now we dont have to wait that long.
For some of us the 1900 is still an awsome medium weight aircraft, for some of us just another over powered, stretched 200.
Some of us are pulling G's, because we chose to join a company that chooses not to utilise the "loophole" ( I myself prefer liberty), and some of us were unlucky to choose the one that doesnt.
What it tells me (on the other hand Darren) is that there is a shortage of 1900 Captains with ATP's. Comanies will utilise the resorces available to them. If the industry was crawling with ATP qualified 1900 drivers they will get utilised if not the "loophole/liberty" rule will apply.
Here is what you do:
If you have an ATP(not fozen) get the rating, and some hours. If neccecary pay for the rating. The hours will follow.
If you have 1900 rating and hours, get an ATP, or leave the company that you with and join one that does utilize the "loophole/liberty". Unless ofcourse you can convince your company, to partake in the generous exploitation of the wealth of experiened 1900 drivers that they employ already, by moving them to port.
To find yourself trapped with a company that over pay you with out utilising the full extent of your abilities is a choice my friend.Your own.
If you like the money and not the seat, do something about it, ie. Get a Rating, or ATP, or a change of Company, or SOP's.
Flying is easy, the choices that we have to make might not be, but we have to make them and live with our choices.

If one digs a little deeper one finds that there are more operators than nac, using this liberty. Live with it.

.....and the walrus did his normal thing.......