PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX Pilot Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2004, 09:12
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Interview Background Diversity

Ladies and Gents,

Thought I would help highlight why it appears BACX (and indeed a number of other carriers) are not selecting a specific type of candidate, and this was backed up by a mate of mine who is currently a training capt with another carrier.

If you aim at one particular type of candidate, the chances are they will all be of similar backgrounds with similar interests, political leanings and ambitions.

On the flight deck this could prove a poor decision as the train of thought runs that such a group of people will make the same or similar decisions that could prove disastrous if you have a bad day at the office.

By selecting diverse characters with widley varying experience the opportunity to think outside of the box both on the flightdeck, and in the management role, can only help a company to avoid the general decision process following one general path (which will not follow a logical thought process accounting for all posibilities and outcomes).

This is only one opinion and certainly from the work in group dynamics I have done it would make sense. From what I gather this is a track that other airlines are considering at the moment too.

Hope this helps to make a bit more sense of the bigger picture.

Happy Landings

BugSpeed