PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Pilots (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 21:41
lead zeppelin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick Squid

I was simply curious as to what the status was; as a non-airline pilot, I wanted to know if firearms in the cockpit was widespread now, or not being done. I felt this thread was the place to ask, as opposed to starting a new thread and having them end up merged anyway.

The pprune homepage says "The forums are moderated by a team of over 60 volunteers who are involved in the business and have some speciality knowledge of the subject area their forum covers. Our aim is to keep the content relevant and to stop the few troublemakers who are unable to learn 'netiquette' from turning some threads into flame wars."

I did not offer any hostile words or opinions (i.e. "flame war"), but merely had an interest in a very "relevant" aviation topic. Just because you are tired of a topic should not prevent others from having discussions. That is the whole purpose of pprune.

If being a moderator is too laborious, then stop moderating, but don't bite my head off for asking a question - that is NOT what a moderator is for.