PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 20:05
astazou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been involved with the problems of the Mk 2 since well before this accident and I have vigorously supported the search for justice ever since. I have flown the Chinook and a number of other military helicopter types. I have read and occasionally contributed to this forum over the better part of a year. And, I have never seen such an extraordinary amount of time and effort wasted than in this bizarre debate about the phantom, mobile DME. Perhaps we should move on to little green men shining lasers at the crew to distract them ?

Let's face it; there are much more plausible contributory factors to be found in the known state of that aircraft during the 60 hours leading to the accident. However, the conduct of the BoI included a deliberate process designed to make sure that those who looked at the evidence were kept away from those who knew about the aircraft and its history.

Wasting time inventing obviously ludicrous scenarios is not helpful. I doubt I will be able to persuade Walter to drop this search for someone who will own up to being a Chinook pilot who is aware of a great conspiracy to place little DMEs all over the countryside. I also flew Pumas and even a Puma pilot could do without such a thing !

Please drop it and let's get back to putting pressure on the MOD to give the crew some justice.