PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 18:30
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm sure no-one else needs an explaination, but for JAFOs sake.
I'm sorry if I missed all of the coverage of your flight to New Zealand, Sid.
I have only ever flown as far as Sydney, so what on Earth are you on about, NZ?
I must apologise for not recognising your name among those of true aviation pioneers.
Because its not there. In sarcasm I replied to this comment that you seem happy for Barry to stop the attempt around the World.
Paula Radcliffe?
The British Marathon runner who stopped after 23 miles in the 2004 OLYMPIC GAMES Marathon because she was overtaken, putting her into 4th place, out of the medals; Instead of carrying on to finish the race in whatever place.
Perhaps you are confusing me with someone for whom all of that would make sense but I've never met you, SS, as far as I'm aware; so any allusions to former conversations that you might think you've had with me are beyond my comprehension.
Where did I say I've met you? this forum is for everyone not just you JAFO, you must be on the same planet as the GE distance measurer! either that or you honestly believe the dolphins are out to get you.

All I'm saying is, it doesn't matter how long it takes Barry to fly round the world, as long as he does it. It seems silly not to even get halfway round the world,(Longitudinally=152.5deg), now that probably the hardest part is over.

Finally JAFO, if you think GE is going to have another attempt, you need all the help the dolphins can give you!!