PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 16:38
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not aimed at any particular company, because it applies to so many.
Whenever there is a 'whinge' about T's & C's & life style there is always someone who responds with;

"If you don't like it leave. You knew what you were getting into when you signed."

This is not always true. I've never been told at interview that the company is anything other than the best for pilots. It has always been some months later, perhaps sooner, that the real truth unfolds. In the 21st century, in western Europe (EU) earning our levels of salary and accepting the levels of responsibility, it is not unreasonable to expect good, even high, standards of personnel treatment. It would apply in most other industries. It should not be necessary to conduct an audit on every employer's attitude before you join up. (Sadly, though, it does seem the case).

Applying the logic of "you should leave" to moving house, it would go something like this.

You move into a good neighbourhood of valuable houses, where everyone seems to be socialable, well behaved and with community spirit. Even your closest neighbour, on first meeting, was convivial. After some months the truth outs, and the next door family prove to be a nightmare for many reasons. A quick poll of the other residents discover that this has been going on ever since the louts moved in and everyone is sick of it.

Who should leave the neighbourhood?