PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and BALPA/IALPA
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 08:51
Hold_the_front_page

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished reading the "Ryanair" book by the Irish Times journalist. In it our CEO is quoted as saying that safety is the only thing that keeps him awake at night. Well , at Buzz Stansted what keeps a lot of us awake at night, is wondering whether we will have a job or not after you close us down !

Since February 2003, the Buzz pilots have faced over 18 months of threats and uncertainty over their future, Many times recently I have gone to work on an early after a sleepless night worrying about my family's financial security etc , coupled on occasions with the discovery in my pigeon hole of yet another letter from a certain manager at Stansted, containing material that is upsetting to say the least !

At present there are a lot of tired, unhappy and stressed pilots like myself at Buzz Stansted (and I suspect Ryanair too) When we joined, we were all put on one year's probation, during which time we could be given one week's notice. We have been told that "if" we are sucessful with our applications to Ryanair (after paying our £50 of course !) we will be on one year's probation again ! Thats two years of living under the threat of bieng shown the door with only a week's notice, additional stress we could all do without I'm sure.

PS

Two Captains at Buzz Stansted have had minor heart attacks in the last 12 months, *this is a fact *. Fortunately they have both made full recoveries and were not at work at the time.

Sweet dreams .......................