PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia to buy long-range missiles
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 03:35
ozbiggles

Received 40 Likes on 13 Posts
Zap, your welcome. However my answer was given in good faith. You suggest that Australia has no natural enemy (can I assume at the moment or you assume this forever?). Therefore we should not have 'offensive' weapons (Is there any other type?). Are you suggesting if we ever needed these weapons we could acquire them, fit them, practice with them and become expert in their use in less than 5 yrs. It might interest you to know our airforce can't even pay for/figure out how to fit aircraft in the fleet with TCAS that don't already have it.
You also seem miffed that we might go somewhere and use them to help the US financial state. I still can't believe that rational people think that the US went to war in Iraq to save money/ secure oil. It would have been far more simple to let saddam kill anyone he want, sell any nasty toy he had and turn a blind eye (as everyone did before) and just buy oil of him and let him be.
A question for you. The media reports that there has been little evidence of WMD. Do you consider a terrorist training camp a weapon of (potential) mass destruction?