PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whistler or Banff For Conference - Your Input Please
Old 3rd Sep 2004, 02:44
Autorotate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WDE - Thanks for the info and much appreciated. The place that has been the most supportive so far has been the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and the rates they are extending to us are fantastic to say the least.

I know this is not in the middle of Banff but a few kilometres out of town. Do you all think this would be a problem. Here is the link to their site:

Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise

They told me the ski resorts open around the 1st of November so we would be there after it has started snowing. Great place for the kids and their conference facilities are great. They have just built a new wing with even more conference rooms.

Bert - Yes the conference is being designed for primarily pilots, engineers and owners as well as management. We are going to keep the costs realistic so it appeals to everyone.

Bronx - I appreciate your comments about sticking with Hamilton Island but all the contributing factors were piling up so that it was going to make it unfeasible to continue with it. Rather than cancel it all together we decided to move it lock stock and barrel to another location. The problem was where, which is why I decided to ask the members here who are a great cross section of the industry, what they thought. I knew I would get some honest no BS feedback.

Although I feel we might have come across as though we dont know what we are doing, I will assure you, and everyone else, that we are 120% committed to putting on event unlike any other, that is dedicated to the 'working people' of the industry, not just those with the big cheque books.

Thanks again all.

Autorotate.