PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 2nd Sep 2004, 19:21
Autorot8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sid' I can't do it, I can't get the permissions I need to do it due to the Met 'Conditions at the time of the year I would be flying through some areas. Like I said, ask to do something stupid, or shall we say strange, and you get help but ask to do it at a really stupid time of year and its a non-starter.
People have helped all over the world but the timing is wrong now. Yes, I knew about the Monsoon but last year it failed, we could have been lucky this year too but it was not to be. Adventures don't have to work every time, not many do, but the next time I do this, my timing will be much better.
If I didn't have to change my aircraft three weeks before I started the flight and then have to find £32K for a new one, if I didn't have to work through God knows how many nights trying to get the current Eagle ready, if I was more of an Engineer (our one was recovering from major op') and could have done a good job of the prep'. if I didn't have a radio fault that plagued me to the end of Italy, if I didn't have such a week bowl, if the Monsoon wasn't early, if if if if. Next time, i'll know better!
This is still a great adventure, with many twists and turns and more to come I have no doubt.

(Nice shot of Sydney though Sid, very perceptive)

Last edited by Autorot8; 2nd Sep 2004 at 19:46.