PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot refused to fly shoeless children
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2004, 07:13
Evening Star

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using the safety card from a TU154 might be a bit disingenuous. TU154's I have travelled in the safety card (see, some pax do actually read the things! ) shows two people holding the bottom of the slide, suggesting it is not inflated. Furthermore, my last flight in a TU154 I was sat next to the before wing exit, and the slide was a lift box and throw out job. While the instructions about shoes might be valid, it makes me wonder if they are a throwback to older types of slide.

Must echo Mode 7's comments. Would not like to mill around in my socks, and removal of my spectacles will impede me even finding the escape. On the other hand, that is all fine and good writing this sat safely at my computer, it might be a different matter if there is a Manchester 1985 type fire licking my arse. Except in those circumstances my first thought would not be to remove my shoes and spectacles. Guess the saying about rules and guidance applies, which does make me wonder if there is more to this incident than simply shoes.