PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are there any female pilots on here?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2004, 17:24
Halfbaked_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wycombe yeah? They have some very well maintained 150s (or were they 152s?) with the club markings... I love the registrations of the club aircraft too... I'm not sure if all of Wycombe Air Centre's aircraft have it, but the two Cessnas that flew into Sywell about a week ago were G-WACA and G-WACF Likewise, here at the Northamptonshire School of flying two of our aircraft are 'G-NSOF' (that would be the Robin HR200) and 'G-ONSF' (the Arrow).

I've never actually been down to Wycombe myself... it's about fifteen miles to the west of Heathrow isn't it?

But yeah, have you stopped by for a bite to eat here at Sywell before? We have a very nice bar that does fantastic meals (may I recommend their 'Bacon & Egg' baguette... very tasty!)... other places worth visiting that I've been to are Conington (again, for the splendid sandwiches/breakfasts they have!) and Wellesbourne, purely for the scenery, and they have a retired Vulcan sitting right next to the taxiway!
I was also over at Le Touquet with my instructor a month or so ago... the price of the wine over there; we loaded a hamper up with so many bottles of wine for 10 euros (that's total) the aircraft didn't want to leave the runway when we took off again!
Yeah about two euros each, and that was for the fine names such as Chardonnay, not the cheap stuff, although in general French wine is never usually 'cheap'

Well, let's hope to see you down here some time!

By the way, where do you fly from? Sorry if it's in your profile but I haven't seen it yet!

Rgrds,

Jack.

p.s. some nice pictures on your website!